3.13.2017

Spring home tour




I realized I hadn't posted here since Christmas, so thought I'd do a little Spring update, even though it isn't officially Spring yet. But I have been getting my house ready, and pretending it's that time already! 
Mostly I do that with flowers. Spring is my favorite season, and I love all the beautiful flowers that come with it.
Here's a little bit of what I have been decorating with!

Nothing quite says Spring like these cute miniature daffodils. I used 2 of my McCoy pottery to pair them with. Aqua and yellow are made for each other!
And pink hyacinth, one of the most fragrant flowers also deserved to be planted in my vintage pottery!
But wait, there's more!! Pink tulips, maybe my favorite after the peonies of summer!
By the way, the old cabinet, mirror and sconces were all chalk painted by me. And I made the floral pillows in the foreground with some vintage barkcloth fabric. I love the way they look on my sectional! Below is another view of the pillows, I made 6 in all. And another vintage aqua vase.
Not be be left out is my eating space. The wreath is faux cherry blossoms and is from TJMaxx. It looks so real!! I also chalk painted the table and chairs. If you search for "chalk painting" on the blog, all my posts will come up for you. I've done most of my furniture.  Another thing I love to collect are vintage linens, and this blue and white table cloth was a steal at $6 because it had a dime sized hole in it. Just put it in the back ;)
One more shot of the tulips because they're so darn pretty!

Check out my Instagram!


Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

No comments:

Post a Comment