12.10.2016

Christmas Home tour Part 2- family room

vintage christmas ornaments
I'm back for part2 of my home tour. This room is my family room, and it's full of color and vintage/retro Christmas decor. I've been collecting the glass ornaments for quite awhile now, and still can't resist picking up more when I see them. They just don't make them like this any more. The more faded they get, the more I like them :) They have such beautiful patina to them.
I also got a new flocked tree for this room, it's on the skinny side which is what I wanted since there isn't alot of room. But boy does it have nice heavy flocking! This is the one I got HERE.  The colorful vintage ornaments really stand out against the flocking!
flocked tree
vintage Christmas

vintage Christmas
My basic "theme" for this room is retro/vintage and my favorite color is aqua. When not decorated for Christmas, this room has a beachy/coastal look with my starfish, sand dollars and beach paintings. So I just left some of that stuff in here and threw in the other pops of color. I especially like RED with aqua for Christmas!!!
retro Christmas
And little Christmas Golden Books!! Love them too, they bring back such nostalgia!
retro Christmas
Yes for RED and aqua!!
retro Christmas
Last but not least, my door that I re-did with Salt Wash. It has one of my favorite wreaths on it.
Hope you enjoyed looking at this room. I still have my kitchen and bedroom to show you. Stay tuned!
retro Christmas



Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

1 comment: