6.06.2016

End table before and after

chalk painted end table
Here I am again with yet another piece of painted furniture. I was just browsing through a Habitat store (first time there) and spotted this pretty end table. Not that I needed an end table, my plan was to paint the one I already had. But this one had great lines and curves, and pretty legs :) Mine was a plain Jane. So it ended up in my car and coming home with me.
Like most of the things I paint, I don't have a real clear plan before hand, just some general ideas.
This is going in my family room, which already has a fair amount of painted firniture, mostly aqua/teal/blue colors. I wanted to tie it in, but not be completely blue.
Here's a couple more before pics:



So I started with a couple coats of a pretty aqua color as you can see here (first coat only)
I did know I would have the top a different color, and I was so in love with the way my dining room table top turned out, I sorta wanted to do the same thing on this table.
chalk painted furniture
So I did the gray stain with white chalk paint combination again for the top. The rest of the table was painted with Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in Marzipan. I painted it rather sloppily, leaving some of the blue showing underneath. I did a light distressing, then used a combination of clear and white wax. I wanted the wood to look layered, like it had been painted multiple times over the years. And here's my finished piece. I think I'm going to love it much more than the orangy knotty pine table I had.
chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

You can see more of my furniture make-overs here:

Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

No comments:

Post a Comment