2.23.2016

DIY Spring banner

DIY Spring banner
I love banners, do you? They're a fun way to change up seasonal decor pretty easy. I mostly look for cute inexpensive ones to buy, but I decided to make one for Spring. I have a perfect place to hang one on this vintage white frame with chicken wire, so I picked up some supplies at Hobby Lobby. They have so many cute things for craft and DIY!

I bought the flags in a set of 4, so I had to buy 2 sets since Spring has 6 letters. I also bought the hemp cord and doilies there. I already had the little clothespins from a previous project. As for the letters, I was going to stencil, then decided to just print out some on my computer on brown craft stock and glue them to the doilies, then glue the doilies to the flags. It worked great! I found some sweet polka dot letters on a public domain web site, but they were all multi colored and bright. So I just changed them up in photoshop because.....hello {neutral}

Here's all the bits and pieces before I assembled it.

DIY Spring banner

DIY Spring banner

DIY Spring banner

DIY Spring banner

DIY Spring banner

The flags are just clipped to the hemp cord, and not permanently attached.
DIY Spring banner
This was fun, quick, easy and pretty inexpensive too!
I shared this on Instagram, if you don't follow me yet, search for @slcook52
Here's a little taste of my feed :)


Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

No comments:

Post a Comment