1.10.2016

China cabinet DIY Chalk Paint make over

Well I could absolutely kick myself for not taking before pictures of this piece of furniture. It was the first that I started on after moving late summer. I was kinda in a hurry to get started because I had several more pieces to do. So I just jumped in! It was a flat pale pinkish color, which I had previously painted. It didn't really fit in any longer, and it got a few bumps and scrapes while moving.
It's an old piece of furniture, I got it years ago at an antique store. I basically got it cause the price was right, and it fit into the space I needed.

I painted it with chalk paint I made in a creamy color and used both dark and clear wax. I also changed out the knobs, and did a stencil on the doors at the bottom. I think I also took these pics before I really cleaned up the mess on the glass, so there's that too. But here it is.

DIY chalk paint china hutch
These photos were all taken at different times, before and after Christmas. I'm not very good at keeping up with the blog.
DIY chalk paint china hutch

DIY chalk paint china hutch

DIY chalk paint china hutch

DIY chalk paint china hutch


DIY chalk paint china hutch
I also collect lots of vintage lace and use it all over the house.DIY chalk paint china hutch
 I lightly sanded over the stencil to distress it a bit.
On the inside (which I painted too) I covered the back with some cool wrapping paper I got online.  I liked the look of the French script.

If you missed previous chalk paint projects, you can find them here:
Buffet


Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

2 comments: