1.31.2016

Bedroom vanity make over

chalk paint vanity make over


Oh my gosh, I'm on such a roll!!
I just finished my FOURTH furniture project...woo hoo!
I was really excited to get this one done because it's been sitting in my bedroom apart and unused since my move end of last summer.
I've had this piece for years and years and always like the style, but tired of the dark finish a long time ago. And since I'm on a chalk painting kick.... that's what this beauty got.
As you can see, I did the drawer fronts with a different color for a little fun contrast.
I also stenciled this piece like I did some of the others.
It has several coats of paint, and dark and clear wax. I did do a little bit more distressing than I have in the past. That's whats so nice about chalk paint, it doesn't have to be perfect. The idea is for the furniture to look time worn and loved :)
Here's the nasty before-


And here's some after shots. The drawer hardware cleaned up nicely too with some metal cleaner and elbow grease :)
chalk paint vanity make over

chalk paint vanity make over

chalk paint vanity make over

chalk paint vanity make over

chalk paint vanity make over

chalk paint vanity make over

chalk paint vanity make over

chalk paint vanity make over

chalk paint vanity make over


If you missed some of my previous chalk paint make overs, you can find them here:

Beach house kitchen cabinets
Small cabinet
China cabinet
Antique buffet
Blanket chest

Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a transformation! I love the distressed look you decided on

    ReplyDelete