1.02.2016

Beach house guest bedroom

 Getting all these blog posts up on the beach condo is taking me forever!! I already shared the living room and my bedroom on previous posts. This time up is the downstairs bedroom, for family and guests. The condo has this huge bedroom facing the ocean, with a deck right out the sliding doors. I was stunned when I first saw how large it was.
As with the whole rest of the place, I had to furnish the entire 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and living room from scratch, so I did it on a tight budget. I also moved all the furniture out here myself, so it needed to be on the lightweight side, and fit in the back of my van!
Again, I got alot of it off Craigs List. And I searched Ikea.

I can't get the whole room in one photo, so there are a few here that I took with my fisheye lens.
This room is large enough for 2 queen beds, and room to spare!
Trying to basically keep it simple, with a vacation feel :)

coastal decor
Both of the beds are the Ikea Malm that I got from Craigs list. I wouldn't have been able to haul out box springs and mattresses, so I opted for the beds with slats and a frame you could easily disassemble. The white dresser was off the Ikea "as is" section. Nothing wrong with it, and hey! It was already put together! Score!
The 2 wicker chairs I actually found at Goodwill....brand new.
Just out that slider is the deck.
I moved the wicker chest upstairs to my room, and instead put a cool turquoise trunk in it's place that I found at Tuesday Morning. I couldn't not get it.
coastal decor
coastal decor
Lamp and both canvas paintings over the beds are from Home Goods, they have such a great selection of Coastal decor! The 2 turquoise tables are also from Ikea.
coastal decor
I'm always picking up and collection flat stackable rocks from the beach. They are all over my place :)
coastal decor
coastal decor
 The lamp on this dresser was ordered online at Kirklands.
coastal decor
coastal decor
 The cool oil painting of the ocean I found at a local antique/collectable store. It's perfect for this room! Colors could not match any better than if I had painted it myself.
coastal decor

coastal decor
I would eventually like to replace the old wood closet doors, but for now, I'll live with them. They can't really be bifold because I have the bed fairly close to them. Any ideas?
coastal decor
 Here's a better look at that turquoise trunk :)
coastal decor

coastal decor

coastal decor
coastal decor

coastal decor

coastal decor

coastal decor

coastal decor
That's about it for now. I still have my kitchen re-do to show you where I chalk painted the cupboards, the small bedroom I fixed up for the grandsons, and the bathrooms. Stay tuned.

Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

2 comments:

  1. I am so tempted to rip our wooden closet doors off and just put up curtains. It is a fine line between looking cheap and looking elegant though. I love the room and all the turquoise accents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiara, the other small bedroom downstairs and my bedroom upstairs had the closet doors painted white, like all the trim. It looks 1000% better, so that has also been on my mind as an option. But first I'd have to get them to slide a bit easier so the paint wouldn't scrape!

      Delete