1.08.2016

After Christmas- what's next?

Holiday decor, how I love it. I love to decorate my own place, and love to see how others decorate for inspiration, and there is sure a whole lot of that out here in blogland, and Pinterest. Before you scroll down, in case you missed my holiday house you can find a few posts HERE, HERE, and HERE.

So in years past, after all the Christmas stuff was put away, my whole house just went back to the way it was. It looks pretty much like spring/summer year around except for when Christmas rolls around. But I have been inspired to leave a few things out to be just "wintery", not Christmasy. I will admit, winter is my least favorite season, but I do like alot of the fun, cozy decor. So I made a meager attempt to leave a bit out in my small dining room area, hoping it would make me appreciate the season more :)

neutral winter decor
Basically, I left my cute little tree that I borrowed from the woods, along with the pine cones I brought back from Lk Wenatchee. I put everything in this new wicker basket from Hobby Lobby, and added my Ikea lantern. I also had the mini led lights from my hot cocoa bar, so I kept them and put them among the pine cones. I added the cotton wreath from Decor Steals to my chicken wire frame on the wall, and that's pretty much it. 
neutral winter decor
neutral winter decor

neutral winter decor

It's not much, but more winter decor than I've ever had, lol. I am already looking forward to Spring though ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

No comments:

Post a Comment