12.03.2015

Antique buffet make over with chalk paint!

So here it is, my biggest furniture makeover to date.
I've been wanting to paint this piece of furniture for years, and just never got around to it. But when I recently moved, I figured it was the perfect time.
I've had this buffet for so many years, and was so over the honey colored wood ;)
Please excuse the weird mix of decorations, lol. I had it done up for fall, then started unpacking Christmas boxes, and before I knew it, stuff was coming out and landing on the buffet. Then I remembered I still needed to take the photos of it for this blog post. I was too much in a hurry to do it up properly. But you get the idea :)
Before and after below.

chalk painted furniture
chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture
My living room is not finished either since my move, I still have empty walls to decorate. Then Christmas came, and all new decorations.
chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

chalk painted furniture

I'm really please with how it turned out, and that it matches so closely to the smaller cabinet next to it. I had purchased that one at an antique store already painted, so I was hoping for a similar color. I also love the way the detailing looks! I did not do any distressing on this piece, I couldn't decide if I wanted to or not, so I thought I'd live with it for awhile first.
To see a couple more painted furniture projects I did, check them out HERE and HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

1 comment:

  1. I love your painted buffet! You did a great job. Would you mind sharing the brand and color that you used on it? I really love the little bottle brush Christmas trees too! Can I ask where you found them? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete