12.23.2015

2015 Christmas living room



I moved at the end of last summer and have barely gotten my house livable when the Christmas season came on the scene. Could I actually decorate this year? Should I when I haven't even decided on where to put up the pictures on the walls?  Would I even be able to find holiday stuff?
I did want to go through the many many boxes that I had moved, so as to weed out some of the items.
After all, I was downsizing, right?
Well let me tell you, much of the stuff was hard to get rid of. It would go in the get rid of pile, then back in the keep pile.
So I ended up doing alot of decorating....more than I had planned.

Mostly I'm in love with my living room. Lots of light flooding in, if only this year we wouldn't have had so many dark, dreary, rainy days in the PNW. We are on our way to breaking rainfall records, ugh.

Anyway- here is the living room done up in neutrals this year. I had much of the decorations already, and just splurged on a few new things.
Here's an overall view, showing a majority of the room, just not what is at the right of the sofa, the entryway. I did a blog post HERE on my chalk paint make over of the antique buffet with before and after pictures if you missed it.

Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
I also got this cute little child's suitcase and painted it then used it for this vignette. The suitcase was dark blue before the painting.
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Can you tell I love bottle brush trees??
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
I don't have a fireplace mantle now, so this buffet has to suffice.
Christmas living room home tour 2015

Christmas living room home tour 2015
Light reflections are so awesome! 
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Now looking back behind the sofa at the entry way and my "charlie brown" tree. 
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
I rather like the sweet simplicity of it :)
Christmas living room home tour 2015
My main "fancy" tree in the living room has been done with gold, silver and white for quite a few years. I used to go to the after Christmas sales and load up on new ornaments, therefore I have just a big mix of things. The colors are the only thing that ties it all together. I gave up on dragging home a real tree years ago, and scaled down my "faux" tree about 3 years ago. This was a $3 garage sale special. My dream is a flocked tree....... sigh.
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Seriously, what a mix of decorations!
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
This cute little silver tray with snowmen was one of my finds for this year, and I love it!! They are the cutest!
christmas snowmen
Christmas living room home tour 2015
I've always been a pillow hoarder, and Christmas seems to be no different.
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
I already had this old white washed drawer and the Santa, so I put a little forest of bottle brush trees in with him, plus my cute little mini pillow.
Speaking of bottle brush trees, I found out you could bleach them! I bought a whole assorted bunch of them at Michaels and bleached them all! Fun! I have a separate blog post on that HERE.
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
Christmas living room home tour 2015
So there you go, my living room for Christmas 2015. 
I still have some other areas of the house I want to show, but I will do that in another blog post. 
Merry Christmas Eve Eve! I hope your shopping and decorating is done!
Christmas living room home tour 2015






21 Rosemary Lane
Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

2 comments: