9.26.2015

Beach condo bedroom and DIY canvas

 Time for another room re-do, this time it's the bedroom I use upstairs. This is a really large room, much bigger than I'm used to in my home. So there was room for the bed and a fold out Ikea futon!
Once again, this was furnished pretty much on the cheap with second hand items from Craigs list.
I also am showing the wall art I made out of calendar pages and stretched canvas I bought at Michaels craft supply.

coastal bedroom decor
Fish eye view looking into the bedroom. As you can see, I carried the beachy theme into this room too :) Ikea bed and futon from Craigs list, curtains from Ikea as is section, rug ordered online. The pictures above the futon have since been moved downstairs into the hallway, and the little antique table I refinished and moved into another bedroom. The 6 prints hanging on either side of the window are the ones I did as a DIY project...photos at the end of the post.
coastal bedroom decor
Cute little shell filled lamp I found at a shop in Pacific City, just up the coast.  The ocean photo behind it is one of my images printed on metal that I got from Displate.  It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.
coastal bedroom decor
 Another fish eye view. The dresser on the right is one of the few things I actually brought from home. It's the perfect size for the little nook in the corner of the bedroom. If you're wondering about the driftwood tree on top the dresser, it was a DIY project (Pinterest inspired) and I blogged about it HERE.
coastal bedroom decor
 Pictures now changed out above the futon, those I got at Home Goods, as well as most all of the pillows!
coastal bedroom decor
coastal bedroom decor
One of the few pieces of furniture bought new....from Home Goods. I loved the color and the wicker baskets. The canvas hanging above is a shot of the beach trail I took, with a quote I put on it that I got in a fortune cookie!! Lol, it came at the perfect time! This canvas and lots of other products with the same design is available in my Society6 shop.
coastal bedroom decor
coastal bedroom decor
Cute little painted stool is from an antique shop in Oregon.
coastal bedroom decor
Can you tell I have a thing for pillows?
coastal bedroom decor
Shells, sand dollars, and rocks collected on the local beaches. Glass float bought at a store, I wish I would find some of those!
coastal bedroom decor

coastal bedroom decor

coastal bedroom decor
I have a project in mind for the pretty white frame that's now above the bed. I haven't gotten to it yet though. I since moved the white table to the far side of the bed because I also found the little vintage drop sided nightstand that I put between the bed and futon while in Oregon. I couldn't pass it up! I bought the Bayside Coverlet set on Wayfair.
coastal bedroom decor
This was my DIY project for the wall canvas. I bought a beach calendar off Amazon that had similar style illustrations, and were square. Michael's had packs of stretched canvas for a good price, especially if you use the 40-50% off coupons they have every week. I cut out the photos I wanted, and used mod podge to adheare them. First I painted the sides and edges of the canvas with an aqua color, then applied Martha Stewart Crackle effect paint. Follow the direction for that, then apply your second paint color. I picked a sand color. The result is a cool antiqued crackle effect, just what I wanted. Then Mod Podge over the top again.
In the process of painting above.
coastal bedroom decor

coastal bedroom decor

DIY

DIY project
And there you have it, pretty much the "finished" bedroom. 
Stay tuned for more rooms in the beach condo, including the DIY chalk painted kitchen cabinets.

To see the living room makeover, click HERE.



Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I absolutely Love this project. I thought they were on pieces of wood until I read the post. Great job. Do you do all the paint and crackling around the edges first and then mod podge the pictures in the middle? Do you mod podge over the paint too? Sorry have never mod podged. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete