5.14.2015

DIY driftwood sailboat

 Don't you just LOVE Pinterest? I sure do!!
I purchased my beach condo last October and have been using Pinterest for decorating ideas ever since.
I'd been seeing all kinds of cute little DIY driftwood sailboats on there, and since I have an abundance of driftwood at the beach, I decided to start making some.
This is my first one, rather crudely made because I just used what supplies I had on hand.
I bought a bunch of small remnants of different kinds of fabrics at a thrift store for the sails, and already had some twine. I scouted around the beach for some different shapes and sizes that would sit sort of flat for the bases, and some straight sticks for the mast.
I didn't have any grommets to use to tie the sails to the boat, so I did without and just poked a hole in the fabric with the end of a pair of scissors, then threaded the twine through. I also decided not to use the eye hooks on the mast piece, maybe next time.
I drilled  the hole in the boat bottom to put the mast piece in, and used a hot glue gun to reinforce it.
Last but not least, I cut the little flag for the top :)

I have a bunch more supplies now, so most likely my boats will get better, and fancier!

Sooner of later I'll get a blog post done with some photos of the place, and some of the other decorating I've been doing.  But for now, you can see my living room below. I love the evening sun streaming through the windows, and am really lucky to see beautiful sunsets all the time!

If you want to follow my Pinterest beach board, it's right HERE!
Oh and another one HERE.

pinterest project

DIY driftwood sailboat

DIY driftwood sailboat

DIY driftwood sailboat

beach house coastal decor
Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

No comments:

Post a Comment