3.01.2014

Sharing before and afters

 It's no secret I enjoy photoshop and working with textures. There's so many landscapes, flower images, etc that I "see" in my mind while taking them, that I have an already preconceived idea of how I want it to look after editing.
There's some shots I'm sure that someone would say "why are you taking a picture of that?"  But, even the ordinary can look extraordinary with some time spent in photoshop.

I use textures form lots of places,  some of my favorites are from Jessica Drossin, Florabella, Joel Olives, Kim Klassen, and Sarah Gardner.  For a wealth of free textures, visit Jerry at Shadowhouse creations.

So now for some before and afters. Some of these images are actually pretty old ones. I was going through my thousands of images, files and folders and tossing things out right and left to clean things up. But a few of them I decided to re-work with textures to bring some life back into them. These first 5 are several years old, done over for fun!

before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
And a few landscapes too
before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
before and after editing with textures
Do you work with textures in your editing? If so, who are some of your favorites?


Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

4 comments:

  1. This are really wonderful. Do you ever do tutorials?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what a texture can add to a photo. Very pretty choices. Valerie

      Delete
  2. Your work is so inspiring... I'm amazed at how dramatic a difference you can get on those beach images. I wish I had more opportunity to get to locations like that... for now, I am working on flowers and you already know how much I love yours. Thanks for sharing these, I love to see the creative transformations you have achieved and seeing where you started is a great education for me. Perhaps there is hope after all for my fine art style to develop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! Wonderful texture works! I really love it!!! And your music too!
    Thanks for showing. I'll come again. Im your new reader and will add you to my blogroll!
    Best, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete