4.27.2013

The Meaning & Symbolism of Ranunculus



Native to Asia and celebrated for its medicinal properties as well as its bright beauty, the small camellia-like ranunculus ranges from white to pink, red to yellow to orange. Also known as Buttercup and Coyote’s Eyes, legend has it that the mythological Coyote was tossing his eyes up in the air and catching them when Eagle snatched them. Unable to see, Coyote created eyes from the buttercup.
In the language of flowers, a bouquet of ranunculus says, “I am dazzled by your charms.”

These flowers surely do dazzle me, they have got to be the most beautiful flower ever. Well at least until the peonies bloom.



 ranunculus flowers
Ranunculus flowers, photograph

Ranunculus flowers, photograph

Ranunculus flowers, photograph
 Prints available in the Etsy shop, as well as pillows and phone cases.

Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

3 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! Interesting to know about their symbolism :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous images of an amazing flower, Sylvia, and beautiful presented here! Yes, they are one of the best, but I have to admit that peonies and roses win for their fragrance as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the language of flowers too and I didn't know this. Love being dazzled that's for sure. Beautiful blog. I thought I saw you on the front page of Etsy this morning, but it's another Sylvia Cook that I follow there too.
    peace n abundance,
    CheyAnne

    ReplyDelete