6.22.2012

Oh the peonies!

Peonies, what beautiful flowers! Here in the PNW they bloom in June, and it just so happens that we also get alot of rain in June. For peonies, that means drooping to the ground heavy with water even if you do your best to stake them up!
I usually try to get out in my yard and cut vases full of them to enjoy before that happens. This year, I had some really gorgeous ones, so I thought I'd share them with you! Enjoy!

Peonies in the Pacific Northwest
Peonies in the Pacific Northwest

Peonies in the Pacific Northwest

Peonies in the Pacific Northwest

Peonies in the Pacific Northwest

Peonies in the Pacific Northwest

Peonies in the Pacific Northwest
Peonies in the Pacific Northwest

Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

7 comments:

  1. Your photos always seem to put a smile on my face. These are just beautiful! Peonies are my favorite, I remember my mom's peony garden as a little girl every time I see peonies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I love all the use of textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous, Sylvia! You and peonies are a perfect match!

    My single peony has come and gone but I still have a fridge full of ones I bought. What a shame we can't get them more often. Just imagine how many photos we'd take, lol!! xo

    ReplyDelete