5.02.2012

cherry blossoms on campus

I've wanted to get over to the University of Washington's campus for the last couple years during cherry blossom season, and finally made it this April. I was probably about a week after the PRIME blooming, but it was still absolutely gorgeous none the less. The day started out sunny, and like our typical finicky PNW weather, clouded up and started raining as I was getting ready to leave. But I got lots and lots of shots off before that.

I though I'd share just a few of them finally! Enjoy this lovely campus! Oh and you wouldn't believe how many people I edited out of these shots!

University of Washington cherry blossoms


University of Washington cherry blossoms
University of Washington cherry blossoms
University of Washington cherry blossoms
University of Washington cherry blossoms
University of Washington cherry blossoms
University of Washington cherry blossoms
University of Washington cherry blossoms
University of Washington cherry blossoms
University of Washington cherry blossoms
University of Washington cherry blossoms
University of Washington cherry blossoms

Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

25 comments:

  1. Wow! So gorgeous. I love the top one! With the building in the background. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear - when I was going to school here, I didn't get an ounce of work done during spring. Lovely lovely lovely photos, Sylvia! I'm assuming you are adding some of these to your S6 page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, I have the first one in the S6 shop, maybe more later. I couldn't imagine trying to concentrate on studies with all that beauty around:)

      http://society6.com/SylviaCookPhotography/pink-dream-RRq_Print

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, dreamy and Oh, So Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What gorgeous shots! I wish I was closer and I would have you take my families pictures there! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am IN LOVE and want to be there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So beautiful! I so want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I hope to get up to Washington DC for when theirs are in bloom at some point. Love the editing too. Suits the photos very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been a fan of your photography work ever since I saw a feature on you in Somerset Life last year! As a UW graduate, this post was very special to me and I just had to leave you a comment! Thank you for transporting me back to that beautiful campus! I will be sharing this post on Facebook and Pinterest!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thanks for stopping by! So glad I could bring back some nice memories for you. I appreciate the sharing also.
      Why is it I don't remember being featured in Somerset Life? Must have been a small part of some particular post. Now that's going to drive me nuts!!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful shots! I love spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love washington DC!! I plan on spending time there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, I hear Washington DC is beautiful in the spring. These photos are taken in the "other Washington" however, in Seattle!

      Delete
  11. These are so beautiful!! And I love your blogging style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can tell you had fun walking all around campus shooting. It shows in the photographs...And, I bet the school would love to get their hands on a few of these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH WOW these are gorgeous! I LOVE cherry blossoms! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Cherry Blossoms! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The UW has a beautiful campus, never more so than in cherry blossom season! We went last year and took a bazillion photos and I know what you mean about people...they're EVERYWHERE! Your images are gorgeous and so evocative...not just another pretty flower pic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply exquisite, we are in Autumn now (which I am really loving) but I so can't wait for Spring. Amazing photos, will have to share on my page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I love cherry blossoms and you captured them is such a wonderful way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photos! How very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These shots are amazing and that campus is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete