2.20.2012

Sharing the Talent {with Joel Olives}

Well I failed miserably last year doing my "sharing the talent" spotlight posts....boo me. Really, I'm not sure how well I'll keep up again this year, because I'm even busier now. But I hope to every once in awhile post something on this blog about my very talented cyber/artist/photographer friends!

Today is featuring Joel Olives. Joel and I first "met" through Flickr. Back in the day when I was really active and posting images every day, Joel's was one of the Flickr streams that I would faithfully follow. His florals and landscapes are unbelievable, but his butterflies....now there's something that would make me jealous! And I believe many of those shots were taken in a parking lot near where he works. Be sure and have a look at them, you'll be in awe!!

So now Joel is branching out, and creating his own textures and actions for photographers. You don't want to miss his first 2 texture sets because they are FREE right now.


To download and see both sets....go HERE.
You'll find the free action set HERE.

You should also follow Joel's Facebook page so you don't miss out on any new announcements from him!

And what's a blog post without a picture, so here's one that I edited with both Joels actions and textures.
Pretty dramatic transformation first using Joel's action spring wildflowers, then 2 of his textures "scratchy" and "canvas rose". I love the outcome, it turned a plain bland image into something special.

Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

11 comments:

  1. I'm digging the action/texture you showcased, very painterly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. These are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try these out! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and thanks for sharing the info about Joel - I love his textures and can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are some fantastic textures! And lovely editing, Silvia. As always - love your work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent,
    Looooove your artworks!!!

    ReplyDelete