12.23.2011

Merry Christmas!

It's almost Christmas, and this year I had to dig a little deeper to muster up some holiday spirit. It hasn't been the best few months, and Christmas just sort of came without the usual anticipation for me. I decorated only one room of my house, where generally the whole house gets decorated. To be honest, dragging in about 20 boxes of decorations from the garage and spending days decorating, then doing it all in reverse a few weeks later is getting tiring. I think it's time to thin out the decorations!
But over the years, I've collected SO many things!
I usually put up a big tree in the living room that's all white lights with glass, silver and gold ornaments! Very gorgeous and full to the brim with things. I think there's 4 boxes alone (or maybe more) of decorations just for the tree alone! Plus the mantle, and all the other rooms of the house.
Too much work, too little time, and no one here at home anymore to enjoy the decorations but me has kept me from going all out.
Maybe if I go through all the boxes and decide what I really want to keep later on this year, it won't seem so overwhelming again. But how do you decide what to keep when you have so many beautiful things? Well it has to be done sooner or later. Maybe if I do a box a week? Have any of you gotten to the point where you say "how in the world have I collected SO many things?"
Anyway, I do have lots of these gorgeous old vintage glass ornaments and decided I would do something a bit different for some pictures this year. I really could stare at these all day, they're so delicate and beautiful. I think these will definately make the cut to stay!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with lots of fun, laughter, family, good food and blessings!
I'm looking forward to spending the holiday with my 2 daughters and their husbands and my sweet little almost 2 year old grandson. Can't wait to see him tear open his presents!!
 Merry Christmas and thanks for following my blog!!









Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

6 comments:

  1. I love the texture in the photos! It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed your beautiful photography. Don't be too hasty getting rid of your baubles. Just pack them away somewhere safe and one day you will want to look at them again. If you never miss them give them away to someone who needs them. Merry Christmas. V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful series.
    Wish You a Merry Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! You are just in a temporary funk! Don't get rid of your beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are so beautiful. I know what you mean about collecting so many Christmas decorations. I also have many many bins of decorations that I cannot possbily use. I have a one bedroom condo apt. and I am also alone. Every year I say I will not bother with decorations but I have to say I do enjoy looking at all of my pretty things. And I can't help buying a couple more each year. I say, if you have the room to store them, keep them. Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete