11.30.2011

Bugs eye view

We may complain about living in the wet soggy Pacific Northwest sometimes, but look at what you can find if you look close enough!
My morning of working in the yard and raking leaves turned into yet another photo shoot!
This time the grass, moss and mushrooms were my subjects. Mushrooms are pretty easy to spot, but the moss? It's so very tiny! The little sprigs are only about 0.5-1 inch tall. It likes to grow just about everywhere in my yard, but I have a few cement bricks for a retaining wall that make a perfect place to photograph it:)

Used to be I put my macro lens on all the time and go out and shoot pictures for fun. I don't get a chance to do it as much anymore, but really do love it! It's pretty fun and exciting to see the end results of something almost unseen to the naked eye. That's another reason I love photography so much. You see EVERYTHING so differently from behind a camera lens.

These images were taken with a Canon 7d and using my Sigma 105mm macro lens. I've had the lens for several years, and really can't say enough good things about it. I find the sharpness and clarity great!

Have a look yourselves and you be the judge!







Do you like this post? Please share on FB or Google+ or tweet it!

Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

10 comments:

  1. WOW....those are amazing and make me really want a Macro Lens. Love all the colors in the photos. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I want a macro lens. These shots are so beautiful and they make me think of what it'd be like to see the world from a pixie's point of view (a la Disney's Fantasia).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I could use a lense like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a miniature fairyland. Wonderful. V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your macro work just gets better and better. The second to last shot is defiantly my favorite, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shots! I love the all the water droplets and the colors. Very beautiful! I really need to get a macro lens. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sylvia, these are absolutely stunning! Your macro work is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. muy bellas imágenes!!!preciosas! Hermoso tu blog!, un abrazo desde Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely shots! You make the moss and mushrooms look so good I want to hang them on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE, especially the mushroom images!

    ReplyDelete