8.05.2011

my favorite rose

My yard is mainly a spring blooming yard, but there are a few roses that I really like, this pink one being my favorite. It's called "Eden".
I went out with the lensbaby yesterday to get a few pics before I leave on vacation. I'm afraid most of the flowers will be gone when I get back. I leave you with a couple of my fave images.

I found some info about this rose on this website. Thank you to Niels Plougmann.
"One of the most beautiful romantic roses ever created is the Meilland rose; Pierre De Ronsard also known as Eden rose. It belongs to a class of roses known as Romanticas. Fully double roses with a romantic old fashioned look. It is the French Rose company's response to the popularity of the English Austin Roses. Modern roses with an old fashioned look. Many of the Romanticas are Hybrid Teas to the core, but not Eden Rose, that is more like a climber.
The rose was hybridized by Marie-Louise Meilland from the Family owned French rose company: Meilland Roses in 1987 .In Europe the rose is mostly known as Eden Rose, Even though It in France was named Pierre De Ronsard after the the great French poet. In America the rose is often known under the name Eden Rose Climber.

Due to the popularity of the rose it became included in the "Roses Hall of Fame" by popular vote of the member societies in the World Federation of Rose Societies in 2006."



And my first stargazer is blooming. I will miss all the rest of them while I'm gone!


Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, you can get me one of those bushes! I need some nice flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS photos, Sylvia! I love this rose, too and will have to see where I can put it. My roses are just bursting now – sorry they weren't when you were here. :)

    And I hope you got back in time to enjoy your Stargazers – ours are still opening.

    xo – g

    p. s. As I was writing this listening to the music I thought, gosh, that sounds like Zucchero and it was! I LOVE him! I used to listen to him late at night when I was on a few extended business trips to Italy.

    ReplyDelete