6.27.2011

Revisiting Venice

Venice is one of those cities that everyone should get the chance to see at least once in their lives.
Lucky me, I've been there twice, and I wouldn't hesitate to put it on my itinerary again.
It's truly a unique citydescribed as "undoubtedly the most beautiful city built by man".


The buildings of Venice are constructed on closely spaced wood piles.  (Under water, in the absence of oxygen, wood does not decay. It is petrified as a result of the constant flow of mineral-rich water around and through it, so that it becomes a stone-like structure.) 


I spent days walking around every alley, bridge and piazza....some several times as it's easy to get turned around. Some of the passageways are barely enough room for 2 people to walk side by side. Of course Venice is rich in history and arts, and you can find all sorts of online info to read about it.
This post is going to be heavy with photos. I took so many, back in the day when I just had my point and shoot. Luckily, I still got alot of beautiful images and I still go back and edit them every once in awhile.


So lets get started!!  First the impressive  St. Mark's Basilica .
The view from the Campanile

and lots of canals and bridges!!






















Are you ready to pack your bags? I know I am!!

I revisited the Cinque Terre here
Sienna here
and Florence here

I still have yet to post Verenna on Lake Como and Milan and Castelrotto high in the Dolomites.
Eventually they'll show up here:)


Thanks so much for stopping by......Sylvia Share

5 comments:

  1. Just no place like it in the world! FABulous photos, Sylvia. So glad you revisited. Yes, I'm ready to go. :) xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful shots. Definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photographies are very poetical; it inspires too much, and one of my dreams is to travel to beautiful Venezia city beautiful Country Italy.


    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOooooooooove all these pictures Sylvia, amazing ones, you made really wish I could visit Venice someday, it looks so so lovely and magical :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Corina!!! You should go sometime, it's unlike any other city!
      Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete