12.12.2010

Shiny baubles

 Christmas has got to be the best time of the year to get those great bokeh shots! I love taking pictures around the holidays, in fact I have been known to take my camera into stores just to photograph the decorations. So far I've never been told to put my camera away:)

I haven't gotten out yet this year, but I hope to this coming week. In the meantime, I thought I'd share a few shots from around my house. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I have WAY too many decorations. I have multiple trees, and have been collecting ornaments for years. The big tree that's in the living room is all white, silver, gold, and glass. I couldn't even begin to count how many things are hanging on it. Lots and lots...it sure does sparkle!!  Here's a few photos of the tree and a few ornaments. Some of the ones I have are the old delicate vintage glass ones, I love those. They just don't make them like that anymore!

Today's tour will be just of this tree and some of the mantle decorations.
Check back in the next day or so for some more pretty stuff. The next tree is much more colorful!










 This little angel holding the lights is pretty old, it belonged to a very special neighbor of mine that is no longer with us. We always had a Christmas tradition of coming over to each others houses to show off our decorations and exchange a small gift. The first year after she had died was just not the same, and I really missed our holiday visits. At least I have something to put out each year to remember her by.


And lastly, my favorite little pixie. I don't really even think she is meant to be a Christmas pixie, but she comes out every year anyway. And that in itself is a miracle, because you see my daughter Mandy always thought she was weird and icky and crazy looking so she would steal her and hide her somewhere else in the house. Then I had to find her. And if you look closely at her right foot, you'll see she was held in a candle flame to torture her....poor thing!!!  Now really, don't you think she's cute?

Just so she stays safe, I now have a protector for her!!

And don't forget to enter the contest on this post for a chance of winning a set of 4 coasters from my Etsy shop!
Linked up to: The House in the Roses


Thanks for stopping by......Sylvia Share

7 comments:

  1. Stunning!!!! These are pure magic, Sylvia, a sweet wonderland. I also love the old glass ornaments – why don't they make them like that anymore (oh, they do – for $20 each!).

    Look forward to more of your holiday home. I got as far as taking the boxes out of the attic – yikes!

    xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved your decorations. So pretty!!! And I love that there is a story behind so many of them. Especially that pink little pixie! But... sadly... that white little elf can not protect her from me! Buah ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Silvia,

    HOW wonderful,How amazing looks all these photos with Christmas decorations!!!

    SO warm,cozy,SO beautiful:-)*

    Cheers and Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pixie! and the angel is beautiful, as are the other ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Each of these photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are beautiful. I love the old-fashioned white border around them. Where can I find this border? Again, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh...I'm in love with your photography.

    ReplyDelete