12.26.2010

Beauty in the ordinary

The day I was out and about town taking some shots of holiday lights and decor and did this post , I took this shot. It was just a wine glass display, but the lights, the colors, and the way everything reflected just stopped me in my tracks. I knew it would be a cool shot as soon as I saw it.

That's one of the things that I LOVE most about photography. Seeing things differently. or seeing beauty in the ordinary.  When you pick up a camera and look at the world through it, you see things you've never seen before. The frost on a window, a snowflake, lights reflecting on pavement, a drop of dew on a blade of grass, a shelf with a display of wine glasses, or the fleeting smile of a newborn.

One of my favorite quotes is this:

“To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”   ~Elliot Erwitt


This quote says it all for me. 

And this photo is an example of that very thing.


 

 


I did a few linky things over the holidays, and thought it was fun, so here's another one for you. Join in below by adding your link to a blog post with a shot of YOUR fabulous image of an ordinary thing!!

And don't forget to enter the calendar giveaway!! Follow the link up above where the announcements are!!

Linked up to: Ramblings and Photos: Memories, dreams and reflections. Prompt #18 just a photo of something ordinary that I find beautiful!


Linked to: Lisa's chaos...Macro Monday





Thanks for stopping by......Sylvia Share

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful, brilliant image, Sylvia, perfectly captured!!! And very well spotted as a wonderful subject. :) xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did you see the art, you found a way to capture it to share with us. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete