7.14.2010

A purple kind of day

I just had a wonderful 2 day mini trip to the Olympic Peninsula and the area around Sequim to the lavender fields.  A much needed little break away from home and all the daily routine. A couple days away with a good friend, having meals out, and of course taking hundreds of photos is just what I needed this week!
I have so many pretty shots from this amazing area, I wanted to get them up as soon as possible before I forget or I get too busy again.
I'm not sure if I'll get all the different lavender farms right that we went to on this post, but I'll try!! Next weekend is the actual Lavender Festival, where 30,000+ people show up over the 3 day weekend, but I'm working and figured...hey I can still see the farms, just not the entertainment, music or the crowds!

So our little journey started with the Purple Haze Lavender Farm with beautifully manicured grounds and of course the gift shop with all things lavender.
 Here's a few shots from there:
purple haze lavender farm





 Next up was Port Williams Lavender Farm where we met the gracious owner Sue Shirkey. It's a lovely farm and cute little gift shop where I decided to buy a couple of bars of the yummiest smelling grapefruit lavender soap made right there on site. Here's a few shots from this farm:




Jardin du Soleil Lavender Farm was next on our list. It was such a pretty setting, on a large beautiful piece of property, rolling hills, gorgeous vistas, and lovely garden and gift shop. Here's a portion of what we saw at this farm:



 Next up is Lost Mountain Lavender Farm, a 3 acre farm with over 120 different varieties of lavender and a whole bunch of pretty wildflowers too. And this place just happens to be for sale if any one wants to start a new career.



 I think I'll end this post here, and continue part 2 at a later date. There's a few more stops on my excursion, but this post is getting too long!!
The end of a great day was at the 3 Crabs Restaurant, situated right on the beach in historic and picturesque Dungeness, Washington with a view of the Dungeness spit and lighthouse. Yummy halibut dinner and this pretty drink!  Cheers!!


Share |

6 comments:

  1. Truely talented Sylvia, these are gorgeous. - Alicia Stockman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Yay!! I was waiting impatiently for your photos from your trip. Beautiful images and such an incredible photo essay of the amazing farms up there. You captured the essence of the atmosphere so well, Sylvia.

    I always go ahead of the Festival to avoid the crowds. The poppies were especially abundance at Purple Haze this year, weren't they – just love them.

    Well, I'm still editing my photos from last week but when I get them posted, I'll link back to here for more lavender beauty.

    xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO extrimely great photos of the nature!!!-)*

    LOVE lavandel million times:-)*
    Thank you for share with us these beauty...

    With love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sylvia

    Good to see you here in blogger land :-)

    Your blog is amazing..sigh..just georgeus!!!

    Love all the purple in these pictures!!!

    Hugs/ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to a lavender farm. Your photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete