4.21.2010

Tiptoe through the tulips


As promised....the beautiful Skagit Valley tulips!!
An ocean of color as far as the eye can see. I did get up here late this year, but there were still quite a few fields left to see.

It was hard choosing the images to post, so many that I liked!
I played around with a few and added textures, and I'm sure I'm not done yet.
Check out the link about the festival and the area above.
We're so lucky here in Washington state to have this fabulous area to see. I look forward to it every year!!


tulip fields


6 comments:

  1. Oh, you did a brilliant job with these, Sylvia! I'm so glad you were able to get up there and get these fabulous images. I do like the textures – they really enhance the earth between the rows which is always tricky. xo– g

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazingly lovely. I first saw photos of these tulips last year on someone's Flickr site. I think next year I am going to have to plan a trip out there. It is too beautiful to miss. These are lovely images. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia, These are breathtaking. I had recognized them for another artist friend had posted some lovely photos from the same place. MAGIC to the eyes!! Hope all is well with you. I am getting ready for my big show.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvia, I'm Sue's friend and I live right where you were taking your photos! The view showing the barn is the same one I see when I jog with my doggie pals. Love seeing it through your eyes as well. Even though I live here I never get tired of the blooms and take lots of photos. Glad you enjoyed it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete