4.22.2009

white elegance


white elegance, originally uploaded by slcook52 (busy).

Here's a kick off to the tulip season here in Western Washington!

On the spur of the moment this morning, I decided to drive up to the tulip fields and spend the day taking photos. The weather was beautiful, sunny and warm. It sure beats working out in the yard!!
This image was actually taken a couple weeks ago of a bouquet that I bought at the store. I haven't uploaded my pics from my camera yet. I'm afraid to see how many I took, easily a couple hundred!
So there will be plenty of tulips coming in the future!!


Here's a link to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, in case you'd like to read more about it.

4 comments:

  1. Bring on the tulips! They are so elegant and the perfect start to a warmer season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot. We drive to a nearby garden for photographing the kids (and flowers). That being said, with the kids in tow, there's not much we do that's spontaneous anymore :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always enjoyed your flower photos so much. But I have to tell you... you're people work is equally as exciting. You have a gift Sylvia!
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning light and bokeh....amazing as always !!!
    I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete