3.21.2009

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."

This is one of my all time favorite grass shots. Who would think grass could look so beautiful?? When you have a nice lens and are able to capture beautiful bokeh, even the plain stuff looks great.

A little bit about this shot. It was taken at the Bellevue Botanical Garden, a favorite place of mine. There's something to see there in every season. I could literally spend hours there (and do!!)

I used my Sigma 105mm f/2.8 lens on my Canon camera. It's a great combination. I really love this lens, it takes wonderful macros. With the aperature set wide open here, I got the beautiful background bokeh (the out of focus areas with the pretty blurring). That way your foreground subject matter really stands out from the background because you have a very shallow depth of field.

2 comments:

  1. You have so many colors in this grass, it's just amazingly gorgeous! Lovely work Sylvia.
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This grass is so beautiful, what you do with your lens is pure magic Sylvia!

    ReplyDelete