1.09.2009


To me, photography is an art of observation. it's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place....I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.
~Elliott Erwitt~



This quote pretty much sums it up for me about what photography is all about. It's capturing a moment, a memory, a special occasion or an ordinary day. A thought, an emotion, a feeling or a desire.
I see things through my camera lens that I wouldn't ordinarily look at.
It makes the whole world a more beautiful place.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely music on your blog Sylvia, and this is one of my all time favorite images. I love the quote. I google "women photographers" the other day, and I realized we need to get out there and make our mark on the world. The men seem to have outnumbered us in this artistic endeavor in the past. But... the past is the past isn't it :-) Keep up the good work. You're one of my favorite women photographers.

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abby, you are the best, such a sweetheart and a very talented photographer yourself!

    ReplyDelete